July 20, 2021
UPDATED: Tourism and Culture Business Advisor – NunatuKavut Business Centre
The Nunacor Development Corporation is a progressive and innovative company that prides itself in offering an engaging work environment and positive workplace culture. We understand that our biggest asset is our people and we strive to offer a fulfilling and fun career choice for business professionals.
We are seeking a Tourism and Culture Business Advisor. This position is responsible to work with tourism operators in the NunatuKavut territory to develop authentic, engaging, new and personalized visitor experiences.
The following is a list of some of the tasks and responsibilities
- Work with new and existing tourism operators in the NunatuKavut territory to develop authentic, engaging, and personalized visitor experiences focused on connecting with people and places of NunatuKavut.
- Coordination of networking opportunities and information sessions for tourism stakeholders in NunatuKavut.
- Collaborate with NCC’s Department of Research, Education and Culture and other relevant departments to ensure the promotion of authentic culture-based tourism development.
- Assist NunatuKavut operators with Tourism Destination Management System (TDMS) online content listings.
- Preparing for and attending Consumer, Media, and Trade Shows on behalf of NunatuKavut.
- Represent the NBC and NunatuKavut Community Council on various levels of tourism initiatives.
- Assist NunatuKavut Business Centre (NBC) clients as per approved NBC Flowcharts (Business Counselling, Funding Programs, NRIB).
- Assists with preparation of contracts with relevant funding for the NBC.
- Monitors statistics and ensures accuracy of key indicators and targets as per contract stipulations.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly/annual reports for NBC.
- Promotes services of the NBC.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors labor market data in NunatuKavut Community Council territory.
- Promotes entrepreneurship to the Nunacor Development Corporation and the NunatuKavut Community Council membership.
- Assists with planning and organizing workshops/training for NBC.
- Provides other diverse business development advice and support for the Nunacor Development Corporation and its subsidiary companies.
- Successfully completed post-secondary education in a relevant field of studies, such as business administration or equivalent work experience
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to make positive and meaningful relationships with stakeholders and people
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Must be willing to travel
- Preference will be given to qualified members of NunatuKavut Community Council
The benefits and perks are exceptional including a great workplace and team that is here to help and support. The following is a list of offerings:
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including employer contributions for retirement savings plan (RRSP or TFSA) or health and dental insurance
- An exceptional employee leave program that includes vacation (15 prorated days), sick leave, cultural leave, holidays, and personal responsibility leave
- Annual travel allowance and wellness bonus
- A commitment to professional development, continuous learning, and, where possible, promoting from within
This is a term contract position to April 8, 2022 with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The location of this position may be in a NunatuKavut Community from Cartwright to Lodge Bay or in Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
Deadline to apply is August 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM Atlantic Time.
Nunacor and its subsidiary companies are ISO 9001 Quality Management Certified and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Certified.